For the whole series, check out the Hipsdurrs Through History gallery page!
My personal top photo pics from the trip! The album can be found here. Everything was so TALL!
Here’s what I learned in New York.
- Stand clear of the closing doors, please!
- Every day is trash day.
- East Coast water is DELICIOUS!
- Sometimes people who look like they’re talking to themselves aren’t on Bluetooth– they ARE talking to themselves (or pigeons).
- When it pours, it POURS.
- When it’s windy, it’s WINDY.
- Smells completely change from one block to the next.
- The street vendors speak in an undocumented language (Especially the ice cream vendors).
- Those that DO speak English are rare and hold angry cell phone conversations.
- There is no 2-ply toilet paper.
- Don’t step in puddles! Your feet will never come clean!
- Dunkin’ Donuts needs to infest California.
- Taxis don’t stop for you in the rain.
- Taxis especially don’t stop for you in the rain if you’re standing at a bus stop.
- Taxis don’t stop for you at bus stops, period.
Lo and behold, my latest 11×14″ sketchbook sports a single, large, oldschool Apple sticker… which makes it a Mac-book! (har har har!) It’s got a really fast processor, too– though it’s only 15 days old, I’ve already filled a third of it. (badum-PSHHH!!)